Thread: Battlemap: waterfall encounter

Post Battlemap: waterfall encounter

Hello good people! First time poster here, I figured I would overcome shyness and share a map I quickly put together for an encounter in my current campaign:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterfall-annotated.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	252.3 KB 
ID:	116955

The general idea was to create a difficult bottleneck situation to pass through. The adventurers are following the river from the south, walking upstream. The river progressively becomes a torrent, flowing in a gorge between steep cliffs. After a while, they reach an area where a waterfall has carved a small canyon. The water is treacherous, and reaching the upper cliff requires climbing some rough staircases carved in the stone, and crossing a rickety-looking hanging bridge. And of course, this would be a perfect spot for a patrol of goblins and hobgoblins to set camp…

Straight ink, dotted marks for alignment; might try an alternate version using some shading to highlight volume better.

Comments / questions / criticism very welcome

Nicely planned map, it sounds perfectly suited to a interesting tactical challenge for your players. The map itself is quite nice as well. Good hatching and use of varied line weight. The stylized water looks cool as well. Nice work, and welcome to the Guild.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh