Thread: The City of Knotside

Default The City of Knotside

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CityofKnotside.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	5.51 MB 
ID:	116874

I posted a WIP of this a while back in the towns/cities forum, thanks to those who commented!

Although this maps is now 'finished' I might try updating the fonts and some of the font colours as that's the part I'm least happy with. But i'd love to see what you all think!

This was made for a new battlemaps project me and my partner are starting. If you'd like see that: http://patreon.com/citymaps

Essentially this city map will be used a template to build individual building battlemaps on. We hope to eventually fill out the entire city, although I expect I may take a few years!

Thanks for looking! Any feedback is welcome.
    Check out my Patreon!

Nice city map! I like the layout and the general feeling. The regional maps & shields are very pleasant bonus.
    I would just like some more depth/shading on the buildings and forests maybe.

Thanks Ilanthar! Your Argona map is brilliant and I spent a lot of time looking at how you arrange your information and also how you delineate the different city sectors with hue/value. When I update this map I'll definitely be using it for reference. I'll definitely try to go back and add shading to the forests, as for the buildings that seems like a real undertaking. I'm not sure if there's a quick method or if I should be improving it all manually. Eek!
    Check out my Patreon!

Really great city map! I love how you show where the city is located with the extra maps on the frame!

Good job on this one : there's a lot I love here, from the simplicity of the design to how natural the river feels. And minimaps. I love minimaps ^^
    Great also to know it will be the starting point of a whole new set of maps : this would be really interesting to follow !

Wonderful layout. The simple design makes it very clean and readable.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh