Thread: Nomad Encampment

Map Nomad Encampment

Wandering masters of the hunt have set their most recent camp on a cliff next to a conveniently located cave, which provides the tribe with not only a colder space to store meat, but also fresh water.

With plenty of fine leather to trade, the nomads are always glad to welcome adventurers to spend the night in their camp. Especially if the party can help them fend off the large spiders that some nights emerge from deeper in the cave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WM - Nomad Encampment - Painted - Gridless - 35x49.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	117030  

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

This looks really cool, the huts have a very stone age hunter-gatherer vibe to them. Have some rep!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Discuss

I do like this one and the linework is real nice.

Still, it is definitely on the dark side. And other than it being night and abandoned, I wouldn't suggest keeping it this dark, especially because it is outside.

If you want a night, I would suggest a bluer tone, but would still lighten the map a bit. Also, adding some light sources and adding their casting light with soft edge brush would look nice.

Good luck going forward!
    -Omri

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

True enough, a few glowing embers in the fire pit could probably make a great difference here.

Thank you for the nice words! I went back and forth on the colors, but eventually settled on the darker tones for this one.
    Some embers in the pit would have definitely liven the place up, and could have made for a nice alternative version of this map. Might just get around to it, if I end up having some extra time on my hands.