Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: World Map for my Campaign - WIP

This map turned out great! I was kinda sad you threw away your earlier version, but now I am happy once more

Don't worry too much about the names. I am always trying to come up with original names and my hopes are always dashed once I Google them.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

There is an ancient legend that tells of ten thousand monkeys banging away at ten thousand typewriters and, in a sufficient amount of time, producing the completed works of one William Shakespeare. That being the case, it's much easier, I think, for a few creative types to accidentally reproduce a few particularly euphonous sounds and words.

So, while "eribor" might be similar to "erebor", most people won't notice it, I think. On the other hand, given that "Andor" is a fairly important and oft-visited, oft-mentioned and particularly important nation in Jordan's Wheel of Time series, those who are familiar with that series might find it slightly more annoying to see another "Andor" playing out in another fantasy. However still... Star Trek fans might be just as bothered (you know how they can get) to see their favorite blue-faced antenaed aliens gracing their names on any fantasy series. Still, they'd all have to contend first with the estate of one esteemed professor Tolkien, who gave the name "Andor" as an alternate name for the fabled isle of Numenor.

So, at the end of the day, type on, fellow word-monkey, type on.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Also, I, too, am happy to see a full-on return of the beautiful style you started out with, despite the updated coasts. Much happiness and joy abounds.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Wip

not a lot of work has been done on this map for some time...

but i have changed the names around a bit... and added a few more...

a notable name change is the world used to be called Estea. Now it is tentatively called Tanaris.

i am also in the process of making the central country of Istarnia less round in shape. it is the one the players start in, just above the Shadowlands.

some coastlines have changed a bit... but nothing too extreme.

i suppose next i will be doing more rivers and roads and settlements.

phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TANARISmap.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	18695  

Why the name change, out of curiosity?

Still looking good.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

The players made fun of the name. They thought Estea was the continent, and thought it was a silly name for a world, since it had connotations of East in its sound.

Ah, fair enough reason
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Guild Apprentice

I liked the earlier name better, probably because Tanaris has such heavy World of Warcraft connections for me, even if it is a good name in itself.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Zaramis View Post
    I liked the earlier name better, probably because Tanaris has such heavy World of Warcraft connections for me, even if it is a good name in itself.
    Is Tanaris already taken by WOW? is it a place or a character?

Blog Entries

It's a place. A whole zone even, the same as The Blasted Lands, incidentally.

I shouldn't worry about it.

Your map's looking great btw, although I still liked your original land mass shape.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast