Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: August 2019 Challenge: Secret in the Trees

Great battlemap, nice place for an ambush. The atmosphere is spot on and wonderful transitions between textures.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    This would definitely be a great battle map!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    The map feels dark and ominous, so if that's the atmosphere you were going for, well done, you've nailed it. I like the title too, nicely done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I appreciate it Arsheesh. And yeah, I wanted a nice and mysterious vibe, the dark helps make it feel more dangerous too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great battlemap, nice place for an ambush. The atmosphere is spot on and wonderful transitions between textures.
    Hehe, thanks. I was hoping it would work as one. An ambush, finding mysteries in the broken carriage swallowed by the sand or doing the three trials of the Guardian.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

I find it bright and cheerful. The colors of the ground and the river make it feel that way, and certain details. The extra lizard head on the ground there also has something almost comical about how conspicuous it is. It looks like a precious artifact picked up by some absent minded adventurer only to be dropped clumsily, and forgotten. Like it's lost, but not lost, because it's so visible. Or maybe it's some crazy monster head that doesn't care to lurk; it hopes to be admired instead. The heads seem to be smiling as well. I guess I read this map quite differently. It's my favorite from this challenge's collection so far, because of all the little stories you can imagine while looking at it. Even if it wasn't the author's intention, this map lives its own life in the imagination of the viewer. Or maybe just this particular viewer.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I find it bright and cheerful. The colors of the ground and the river make it feel that way, and certain details. The extra lizard head on the ground there also has something almost comical about how conspicuous it is. It looks like a precious artifact picked up by some absent minded adventurer only to be dropped clumsily, and forgotten. Like it's lost, but not lost, because it's so visible. Or maybe it's some crazy monster head that doesn't care to lurk; it hopes to be admired instead. The heads seem to be smiling as well. I guess I read this map quite differently. It's my favorite from this challenge's collection so far, because of all the little stories you can imagine while looking at it. Even if it wasn't the author's intention, this map lives its own life in the imagination of the viewer. Or maybe just this particular viewer.
    I find your bright and colorful imagination refreshing. I like that you can look at the map and see different narratives playing out.
    And thank you for the compliment. I am glad that you enjoy the map.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234