Thread: August 2019 Challenge: Secret in the Trees

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map August 2019 Challenge: Secret in the Trees

Helloaaaa!

While I do have several things on my plate, I wanted to join the challenge. The fantasy generator is always a fun challenge.

So for mine, my generated list included this one:

A damaged and abandoned carriage amidst a sunlit forest. A herd of wild boars moves noisily through the trees.

For that one, I am thinking a river winding through the map and a open beach where the carriage would be.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Secrets in the Jungle_v1.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	117110

EDIT:
    The full list:
    1. The once-grand entrance to a long-abandoned dwarven city in the Naragzah Crags. The air is filled with smoke, and a draconic shadow circles overhead.
    2. Somewhere in the Twilight Jungle. A volcanic mountain dominates the area.
    3. A damaged and abandoned carriage amidst a sunlit forest. A herd of wild boars moves noisily through the trees.
    4. A forested hill amidst a haunted swamp.
    5. A starlit clearing in the Jade Forest. A pack of bloodied werewolves lurks in the shadows of the trees.
    6. Somewhere amidst a black swamp.
    7. A sunlit clearing in the Ffestow Vale.
    8. Somewhere amidst a desert of white sand.
    9. An outcrop of wind-carved obsidian amidst a desert of black sand. The air is strangely still and quiet.
    10. Somewhere in the Witchlight Jungle. A black dragon tears apart the undergrowth, searching for prey.

I was thinking of doing a forest/jungle map from the list so, it narrowed down the list some. The volcano, werewolves and black dragon ones were tempting. But... it does change the workload.
    With number 3, however, I feel I can make it as simple or as grand as I feel. That is, if time permits.
    Last edited by XCali; 08-20-2019 at 08:35 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19