Thread: Commission - Asterian Abbey

Default Commission - Asterian Abbey

I usually don't post commission maps, while I'm still working on the commission (I have 3 more maps to create, out 27 maps). This is the Asterian Abbey, a five story structure built from an old keep. This for the Ages of Empires Adventure Path. I'm also including the Pit of the Burning Star, a 3D map of an asteroid crater site, where a bunch of other maps of locations within the crater. Most of the maps are done using my favorite vector drawing program, Xara Desginer Pro x11. the crater was 3D modeled usng Wings 3D, and Vue Creator to texture, light and render the image. Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asterian-abbey-ground.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	117337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asterian-abbey-2nd-3rd.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	117338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asterian-abbey-4th-5th.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	117339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asterian-catacombs.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	931.8 KB 
ID:	117340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pit-of-the-burning-star-update.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	117341
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Those are pretty cool GP. I especially like the Pit one. The grid lines are super strong tho but maybe that's on purpose for these.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

The grid lines have a 50% transparency - the issue as white lines, they are "strong" in shadows, but almost not there in lighter areas, so it's as strong as it needs to be without being too strong.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

The crater is great, I can see why you wanted to share.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Adding one more map (2 maps really), this is the Werewolf's Lair, and a copse of pines not far away - both within walking distance from the Abbey in the original post. I feel like I've cheated a bit, especially the vines at the entrance of the cave lair on the left, and the entire scene pines and all on the right side were completely created in 3D using existing plant models arranged to the authors specifications. The vector work on the rock levels were bevels done in Xara Designer Pro, while the rest were rendered using Vue Creator 3D software... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asterian-werewolfs-lair.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	117356
    DrivethruRPG store