Thread: Looking to commission 4 maps for a board game I am designing

Default Looking to commission 4 maps for a board game I am designing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Map Template with sample art maps.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	8.99 MB 
ID:	117519

My name is Sam. I am in the process of developing and hopefully self publishing a board game for the commercial market. I am interested in commissioning some work for the board of my game in the style of the image that I posted. I would need full license to sell and distribute this art. Is this something you would be interested in?

A little about the work I would need done, it would be 4 10x10 in maps at 300 ppi in cmyk. If the game succeeds on kick starter I would also plan on commissioning more maps for future expansions.
    What each map needs:
    -The bigger the map feels the better.
    -A blown up city map in the bottom left corner, space for this is 2.75 in X 2.75 in.
    -A mountain lair in the top right corner that is designed to blend between all 4 maps regardless of how they are arranged. (on 2 of the maps there will need to be a clear cave entrance. On the other 2 there needs to be a base camp in this area.)
    -A 3/4 in Mountain range that fallows the top and right edges of the map with a road that runs through the Mountain range to the mountain lair.
    -A blown up pass fortress in the top Mountain range that is 1.5 in X 1 in and is placed between the 3 in and 4 in horizontal markers and second one that mirrors it in the right side mountain range.
    -A road leading from the bottom left corner city to each pass fortress.
    -Name of the region, city, and pass fortress. The font I would preffer to have used is IM FELL english.

Each map represents a different region, Fjall mountains (snowy viking themed region), Takara coastline (Capital for this region would be a port city. I would preffer for the main city to be on an island with a bridge to the main land.), Ceinture Desert (more wasteland the better), and Sumu Jungle.

The main thing I am looking for in an artist right now is being able give me honest estimates of the time frame to complete the work, fulfill dead lines, and communicate regularly.

Hope to work with you soon,
    Sam

I'd be glad to help you you! Here's an example of my work: https://imgur.com/user/joshua1920/posts

You can email me at joshuaeisenberg98@gmail.com if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Brick Games View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Map Template with sample art maps.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	8.99 MB 
ID:	117519

My name is Sam. I am in the process of developing and hopefully self publishing a board game for the commercial market. I am interested in commissioning some work for the board of my game in the style of the image that I posted. I would need full license to sell and distribute this art. Is this something you would be interested in?

A little about the work I would need done, it would be 4 10x10 in maps at 300 ppi in cmyk. If the game succeeds on kick starter I would also plan on commissioning more maps for future expansions.
    What each map needs:
    -The bigger the map feels the better.
    -A blown up city map in the bottom left corner, space for this is 2.75 in X 2.75 in.
    -A mountain lair in the top right corner that is designed to blend between all 4 maps regardless of how they are arranged. (on 2 of the maps there will need to be a clear cave entrance. On the other 2 there needs to be a base camp in this area.)
    -A 3/4 in Mountain range that fallows the top and right edges of the map with a road that runs through the Mountain range to the mountain lair.
    -A blown up pass fortress in the top Mountain range that is 1.5 in X 1 in and is placed between the 3 in and 4 in horizontal markers and second one that mirrors it in the right side mountain range.
    -A road leading from the bottom left corner city to each pass fortress.
    -Name of the region, city, and pass fortress. The font I would preffer to have used is IM FELL english.

Each map represents a different region, Fjall mountains (snowy viking themed region), Takara coastline (Capital for this region would be a port city. I would preffer for the main city to be on an island with a bridge to the main land.), Ceinture Desert (more wasteland the better), and Sumu Jungle.

The main thing I am looking for in an artist right now is being able give me honest estimates of the time frame to complete the work, fulfill dead lines, and communicate regularly.

Hope to work with you soon,
    Sam

I would be real interested in this project! You can check out my other works on my website here and or email me at
    ralarismaps@gmail.com

Do you have a time frame in mind that you want these done?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Ralaris View Post

Do you have a time frame in mind that you want these done?
    Thanks for your response Kay, I will be emailing you some questions soon. But so everyone knows, I’m Planning on attending pax unplugged in early December so I’m hoping I could get this completed by November 8th so I can get it printed in time.

Hello Sam,

I make hand-drawn maps, and I do calligraphy/hand-lettering as well - my portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/, if my style suits I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hi there, seems like an interesting project. Feel free to browse my recent works here, https://www.artstation.com/clarketography

If you are interested, contact me at clarketography@outlook.com and we can discuss further.

Thank you for your time.

Jobs been filled! Thank you so much for all of your responses. You’re all so talented this was really hard.