Thread: North-West Reikland near Singing Stones. (Warhammer)

Map North-West Reikland near Singing Stones. (Warhammer)

Hello guys and gals!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP_NW_REIKLAND-01.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	4.84 MB 
ID:	117646

So this is a map of a local area in North - West Reikland (Warhammer fantasy). I made this map as a handout to my players. Their characters start as villagers in Zolh and I wanted to give them a better understanding of the local area. During session 0 I am planning on going over

It is the first time I ever made a map of a zone bigger than a city. I am still locking down the style I like and want to iron out a few problematic zones. Like mountains feel a bit simple compared to everything else. The forest was made with the pattern I made in illustrator but I had to hand draw the edges. To be honest I am not satisfied with the forest monotony. I tried to break it up adding “hidden” details like a border crossing, an abandoned house, couple of mines and caves in the mountains but nothing IN the forests apart form a ruin and a lair. But for the first try I feel good about this one.

If you have any suggestions or any other feedback I am very grateful and happy to listen!

I generally create stuff for ttrpgs like maps. Twitter
    Here is a black and white version (printer friendly) Black And White

I'm going to have to agree with you on the forest looking too uniform to really appear organic. I think some differences in the sizes of the treetops could go a long way to make it better. But other than that, it's a pretty nice piece! The buildings in particular look great. I look forward to seeing more from you. Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.