Thread: {WIP} World of Dalaroque - Pangea map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The first thing that really stands out is all the wild font differences. And with the placement of "Dalaroque" it looks more like its the name of the ocean than it is the name of this region.

The second is I feel like it needs a legend, or for the symbolic elements to be scaled up where they are more readable. For instance I'm assuming all the tiny green triangles are pine forests/trees, but I'm not really certain, especially when contrasted to the very clear deciduous trees.

It's a really great start, I like the rivers and the mountains, and I really appreciate the inclusion of a scale in the corner.

Thanks for checking my map out!

A legend is indeed something i have thought of adding. I thought adding it to the map more towards the end of it being completed would let me be more comprehensive.

I didn't think about leaving space for the main region name and didn't realize it until well into the creation.

Would you say that it needs to pop and catch the eye of the person looking at it?

Or would it be better if i have it under or above the legend as a simple title?
    Last edited by Thane; 09-26-2019 at 05:05 AM.