Thread: The Grand Fiefdom of Leestille video time lapse

Map The Grand Fiefdom of Leestille video time lapse

This is what happens when someone commissions me to worldbuild stuff up. The prompt I was given (along with the loose sketch) was that there was a 'mountain spine' where monsters came down from, a "here there be dragons" sort of land on the other side where the problems were coming from, affecting civilization, which would consist of 12 regions which all report and presumably pay tax to Leestille, the capital.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leestile.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	8.55 MB 
ID:	117891

Video timelapse of the creation process (mostly in Other World Mapper, but with a bit of Clip Studio Paint when I went to make the flag icons).

I guess I'm experimenting a bit with the idea of videos as a marketing tool, but I'm shy, and I'm not sure how useful it would be to provide a commentary anyway. I don't know, maybe someone really wants to know why I named an area 'cheese'. I imagined maybe they have goats there and they're famous for nothing else so that's what the name is. Same with Cider and Grog. You may also wonder if I stole 'spine of the world' from Wheel of Time. No, I haven't read the series yet; I was informed by a friend that it was from that series after the fact, and this world is for a private game between friends, so I don't think it really matters. Especially since the world itself is very different from the Wheel of Time concept, it seems, it's tonally inspired because the game master is a fan, but it doesn't sound like he's trying to run the novel. His interest is more in just dropping his friends into this place with a feature inspired by the series, and letting them make their own story out of it so it sounds to me like they're going to have fun. And I will too, because I'm going to provide other maps for their game going forward as they continue to explore.

I feel like there could be some potential use in seeing how I move through the creation of all of this information might help someone though. This is all extremely "flow" state creation rather than an excruciatingly planned world, improv map artwork and worldbuilding from a few solid prompts, in a way that's exactly the heart of what Dungeons and Dragons and roleplaying games is about.

But yeah, I dunno what I'd talk about, so you just get pretty music if you decide to watch it.

Cheers.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

loving the details, colour, and design! also, subscribed!