• Battletech 3062 - Darken

2 3.39%
  • The New World - Nomadic

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VOTING: *** February '09 Challenge - Political Map ***

I voted on:
    => Ascension - I really liked it's style - grunge, colorful, very nicely merging realistic map style with political borders identifiers.
    => tcberry - because it look so beautiful. Especially I'm impressed about that thing with signifying the borders of clubs influence - they look like painted.
    ==> bohunk - for the effort that he devoted on working with the emblems, I also liked it style.

Quote Originally Posted by mogul76 View Post
    (wow... 2 master mappers voting for me Thanks, guys!).
    Don't get too excited. That title is merely linked to post count.

You're welcome!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I went ahead and gave everyone some rep on this one and hopefully pointing out the positives of their map...it was a fairly difficult challenge. Also by repping everyone it also allows me to go back and spread some love to those I haven't been able to get to recently. Now I just gotta remember who I promised some love to...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You are not making my voting decision easy guys. I had trouble cutting it down to 7, and there I am at the moment. I can't decide. Maybe I'll have to roll dice!

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I finally made up my mind, but it really wasn't easy. Congrats to all entrants for their nice work. If I didn't vote for you and you had a completed map, it was because I only have three votes.

OK. My votes are as follows, in order of excellence:
    Qbista - The best. I wanted to my map to look more like this, but time constraints made me cut down a bit and concentrate on the banners instead
    Bohunk - Love the map but the flags are a bit simplistic.
    Steel General - I love city maps and this is a great style.
    Thanks everyone who voted for me. I'll see about making up the banners as a set.

For me Qbista's and GP's maps were a no-brainer. They're just incredible.

The trouble I had was deciding between Steel General's and Hoel's maps. I'll have you know it caused me great stress, but I ultimately went with Steel General.

-IG

Praise

Alas, being on dial-up, still, has it's downfalls. One of them being it always takes a long time for me to load the larger maps. But it is always well worth the wait, and the maps from this month's challenge were no exception. Again, some great work on everyone's part, even those who may not have been able to finish before the deadline and everyone who entered deserves credit for at least making the attempt.

Now, on to the voting.

The competition was fierce once again, and I found myself torn between several maps. In the end, it came down to mixture of aesthetics and completeness. Thus, my final votes, in no particular order;

SG - Split, Splintered and Sundered
    I loved the texture and overall feel of this map. For me, it is the prime example of what a city should and could look like, particularly one with this kind of background
    Qbista - The Planet Which Has Stopped
    It was the completeness of this map that did it for me. Little details like names of cities, towns and villages are my bread and butter sometimes. Though I would have liked to see the heraldry stand out a little more, it was still an excellent map
    GP - The Gempei War
    What can I say, I'm a sucker for the little extras like the portraits at the top and the look of this map hanging on a wall. Not that those were the only selling factors. Another excellent map and one that I was proud to cast my vote for
    GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 02-27-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling - duh!
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I think we have a tie!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Quote Originally Posted by joćo paulo View Post
    I think we have a tie!
    Although it looks to have been broken already, I couldn't think of a more appropriate way for this one to end.

-IG

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast