Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished Maps Thumbs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hmm ok well I understand what your seeing just not why its happening. I would post two more posts to make it to 5 just in case that is the reason and noone has ever mentioned it. At 5 you get extra PM abilities etc but I really think its a browser / cookie issue. If I logged out then I would expect to see that same thing but as a member you should get those images.

Is there a way to seek out maps created for specific things, such as for Space/futuristic maps or those for a particular D&D world that people have done? Also how do we tell what program they used to make the map?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another thing I just noticed is that Steel_General_1 and Steel_General_11 pull the same image even though they are different threads.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

i'm not one for using overland maps in any of the games i run, but these are realy impressive pieces of work, they make me want to think of a reason to use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Can I also add that the maps in this list are by default copyright but are probably available for use. But please check the thread to see the usage terms for them which is often in the sig of the author. From the authors, please comment on the usability of the images in the threads.

Yes, please do as soon as possible, both in this thread and in the linked page hosted on your site. I would rather it be rather obnoxious that understated.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Geat initiative. It's really fun to look at all these great maps. Found one or two I hadn't seen before.

Sweet maps! Some great inspiration right there

Blog Entries

Run it a second time and its filled in all the missing ones it failed to get first time around. There are some with gaps because theres no proper attachment and three now with an image marker but no image. Those are PDF links - doh ! So ill have to check for that and put up a generic PDF image instead for those. Might have to look for zips too. Anyway - if any CL feels like making an image from whatever they have posted and uploading them for any of the missing ones then that would get caught by it next time I believe.

Edit -- hah I have just realized its putting in extra entries for me because of this thread. Hmmm, must add something to check the title for a 'sticky' and ignore... Bugs are always for the things you never think of in a million years. Someone once said something like - however weird you can dream it up reality will go further. I heard another paraphrase similar to that with real user interaction of any program you write too. They _will_ break it in ways you would not possibly have imagined.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-10-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it's doing the same for Arcana
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Blog Entries

Yeah been looking at the code. It gets the forum and lists all the entries and works out how many pages there are. Then it gets all in page1 then all in page 2 etc and builds up all the threads. Well the stickies are always there for any page number so its adding them in several times depending on how many pages there are. So I have adjusted the script to ignore all stickies since they are unlikely to be maps. I'll run it again in a mo but ill fix up the PDF image first.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast