Thread: First Commissioned Map - Esperia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map First Commissioned Map - Esperia

It's been a while since I've sat down and worked on a map with Inktober and personal things getting in the way, but here is the first commissioned map I did a few months ago for a friends homebrew RPG campaign. There are a couple of places without names as she has decided to write those in herself as she adds to it and makes it more of a treasure map with bits of string etc. This is also the very first map I have made using Illustrator! I am still in two minds about it, and will try using Photoshop next as I feel the process was a lot slower than it could've been. I do like the vector lines though. But anyway, I'll stop rambling now and show you the map (it's just a screenshot to save on size so I hope you can see it okay).

Let me know your thoughts or if you have any advice I can take as I further explore mapmaking! Many thanks, AP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 13.17.41.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	398.0 KB 
ID:	118457

Comparing making a map in Illustrator with making a map in Other World Mapper (specifically FOR mapping) it's way harder than it needs to be in Illustrator but it's a very nice map for your first commission, congratulations and may it lead to many more.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Comparing making a map in Illustrator with making a map in Other World Mapper (specifically FOR mapping) it's way harder than it needs to be in Illustrator but it's a very nice map for your first commission, congratulations and may it lead to many more.
    Thanks Tiana! I've not heard of OWM, but have recently purchased Wonderdraft so am looking forward to getting to use that more.

Nice first commission!
    Photoshop is great, it's all I use. And a drawing tablet is definitely a must (if you don't have one yet)!
    Nice work, keep it up

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice first commission!
    Photoshop is great, it's all I use. And a drawing tablet is definitely a must (if you don't have one yet)!
    Nice work, keep it up
    Thanks! Yeah I can't do digital work without a tablet! I do most of my work on Procreate but for maps I'll use Photoshop I think.