Thread: The Tomb of Rex Do' Ren

Map The Tomb of Rex Do' Ren

This is an encounter map I used in my Patreon Adventure Path series. My Patrons are encamped along a fast moving river and are about to encounter a hungry hill giant! Thanks for having a look!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	River Camp WM.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	9.41 MB 
ID:	128772

The soft watercolor palette is lovely. Though I'm left wondering, do you do more theater-of-the-mind style of play, using this as a prop?

IR

A very cool style! Like the colours too.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    The soft watercolor palette is lovely. Though I'm left wondering, do you do more theater-of-the-mind style of play, using this as a prop?

IR
    This is definitely more suited for "Theater of the Mind" than battle map style. This one serves more as an illustration would in a novel, setting the scene and tone of an encounter. The adventurers just survived a drop down a waterfall, crawled up the bank of the river exhausted, then pitched this camp to rest. During mid-watch one the them hears a ravenous hill giant crashing through the trees towards camp. Looking at the illustration the mind's eye can see the pine branches parting, the undergrowth crunching, and hear the sounds of the rushing river! My Patreon Adventure Path stories feature a lot of scenes like this one. My poor adventurers never get a long rest!

A picture is truly worth a thousand words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    A very cool style! Like the colours too.
    Thank you so much! I really like to slightly cartoon or animated feel of this one.