Beatings and Salivations!

I am an old time gamer whose roots run deep. I’ve been gaming since 1974 (yes, I am old as dirt and my mind is slowly experiencing the ravages of senility thanks to Pro Fantasy’s software! LOL!). However, this is my first experience with Fractal Terrains Pro (and soon CC3 once I get the world situated). My world is called ”Argontath”. I’ve used this campaign setting (non-d20 system) since 1978 and have ran the course of too many hand drawn maps to count. I am including photos of the last hand drawn map (from 1990) and a few pieces of art for places of interest. All areas on the old paper maps are hand done. City and special places of interest, names of countries, rivers, etc, were printed, cut out and glued to the master map. It took me about 2 months to complete. Thank God for computer programs now!

I am looking at revitalizing the world with new maps, new continents and new experiences. The Fractal Terrain maps below are a rough draft of sorts. I am still trying to fine tune the map. Once I figure out and have the FTPro draft finished, I am going to go through with Campaign Cartographer 3 to complete the map. So, pardon my questions if I yell out for help at times. =) I’m open to suggestions, creative criticism, hints, and of course eating your brains… err.. I mean gathering up all your knowledge.

I have always loved cartography and enjoy looking at old maps from the middle-ages. My educational (Masters from Cal-Berkeley ‘87) background is in Medieval History and Literature with emphasis on Ancient Language and Mythology. Now I spend my time raising my family, coaching football and learning how to use FTPro and CC3 along with three new Photoshop plug-ins, LunarCell, SolarCell and Glitterato.

I hope to be an active member of the forums! Enjoy!

~Valtharius the Mad

======================================

Argontath - Fractal Terrain Pro Maps

FTP-Argontath – World Map (Gaea)

FTP-Argontath – World Map (Altitude)

FTP-Argontath – World Map (Gaea – Known World Outlined)

FTP-Argontath – Known World Map (Gaea)

FTP-Argontath – Known World Map (Altitude)

======================================