Thread: Urbis Campaign Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Perhaps you should try this month's challenge

Jurgen, if you have time perhaps you should enter the Monthly Mapping Challenge - this month's challenge is to create a socio-political map with the idea being show family crests, guild sigils and other identifier symbols to show the various spheres of influence in a given map area.

So pick one region or the who world of Urbis and show us your socio-political divisions. Here's the link to the Challenge thread...
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4177

Be sure to read the Main Challenge Rules as well, then explore the entries so far.

Mine's the Gempei War.

I know you're a busy guy, but maybe you could squeeze one in.

GP

PS: I know you're not a brand new noob, but with so few posts, I still consider you a noob!

PPS: oh the cathedral was my October Challenge 2007 map, here at the guild.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Jurgen, if you have time perhaps you should enter the Monthly Mapping Challenge - this month's challenge is to create a socio-political map with the idea being show family crests, guild sigils and other identifier symbols to show the various spheres of influence in a given map area.

So pick one region or the who world of Urbis and show us your socio-political divisions. Here's the link to the Challenge thread...
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4177
    Interesting, but my skill at creating such symbols is sadly rather limited...

Here is a smaller map that only shows the political boundaries (again, click to enlarge):

I did the color effects with GIMP. Maybe I will try to recreate the effect with Inkscape, though that will likely involve more effort...

I've been trying to draw mountains in a new way - here's a sample of how it looks like.

Yes, this is a lot more effort than the old way - but I hope it's worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MountainsSample.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	12039  

I've finally started to work on the main map again. I've added colors for the various political and geographical regions portrayed on the map.

Everything was done with Inkscape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UrbisMap-110208.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	33296

EDIT: Somehow the attachment doesn't display properly below the post - possibly because the file is so large. The link works, though.
    Last edited by Jürgen Hubert; 02-08-2011 at 03:08 PM.