Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The City of e'Gravelth [Traditional drawing 420 x 297 mm]

Map The City of e'Gravelth [Traditional drawing 420 x 297 mm]

Hello!

During the last few weeks, I have been working in my free time on the map, which was basically one of the my first ideas which was crossing my mind. Until now, I was avoiding that intricate and difficult project like this, because I had doubts about the fact that I could cope with it to the extent that would satisfy me, especially since with each subsequent project I try to develop and add new elements to it. However, finally I can boast of my illustration

This time, apart from the standard elements, I designed the city's coat of arms account the real heraldic principles, placed panoramas of the city seen from each of the four directions of the world and mini map with approximate location in the coastal region.

The materials from illustration developing process will appear soon on my Patreon

Facebook link

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e'GravelthENG.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	6.63 MB 
ID:	119317

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent work ! I like the city a lot, and I love the insert on the right with the different views of the city from different point of view. it brings a very good understanding of the particularity of the city (which are really important, due to it's peculiar disposition).
    You have a very nice style and the whole map is a great success !
    Congratulations !

That's a very interesting map, Sthenastia ! I love the contrast between the geometric shape of the city and those big rocks around. Really nice

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I love the colours you've used in this map a lot! I think the map gives a great overall impression of the city and I really like the way you've drawn the terrain around the edges.

Thank you! I am really glad to see comments like that It motivates me to improve my skills

Very impressive. Carefully laid out and coloured, must've taken you quite a while to finish indeed. I love the round layout of the city!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you and That's right I was working on it several weeks due to lack of time

Excellent map! I really like the water effects you did on the different views and the buildings & topography are very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Excellent map! I really like the water effects you did on the different views and the buildings & topography are very well done.
    Thank you! Really nice to see comment like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast