Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: village of Formene

Wonderful village. The perspective is very well done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As I already told you, these maps with a double perspective are really my favorites, especially with the unique and so talented way you can move naturally from one perspective to the other: it's always an enchantment!
    On this one, in particular, I love the tree pattern which is repeated in a fairly regular way. It gives a backdrop to the whole which is both quite present and original, while highlighting the real point of interest which is the village. In the village, precisely, the houses are both quite normal, but also keep a small "fantastic" aspect that gives a beautiful atmosphere (not to mention the location of the village at the top of this rock). Finally, the choice of colours is magnificent: everything is more or less in the same shades, but without being monocoloured. A warm hue emerges from both the buildings and the trees.... This is great art!
    With the other cities and villages that you have designed according to the same double approach from the point of view of perspective, you really have a magnificent collection that would be worth an exhibition or at least a book!

PS : still can't rep you... but i've made a list

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looks great John, Wicked Cool having both views!
    Thanks Bogie
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Wonderful village. The perspective is very well done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    As I already told you, these maps with a double perspective are really my favorites, especially with the unique and so talented way you can move naturally from one perspective to the other: it's always an enchantment!
    On this one, in particular, I love the tree pattern which is repeated in a fairly regular way. It gives a backdrop to the whole which is both quite present and original, while highlighting the real point of interest which is the village. In the village, precisely, the houses are both quite normal, but also keep a small "fantastic" aspect that gives a beautiful atmosphere (not to mention the location of the village at the top of this rock). Finally, the choice of colours is magnificent: everything is more or less in the same shades, but without being monocoloured. A warm hue emerges from both the buildings and the trees.... This is great art!
    With the other cities and villages that you have designed according to the same double approach from the point of view of perspective, you really have a magnificent collection that would be worth an exhibition or at least a book!

PS : still can't rep you... but i've made a list
    Thanks so much, Joel
    I am really wanting to put together at least a pdf of this Greyvast stuff.
    It would be cool to do a print version, but I'm not sure if I can manage that with my schedule at the moment.
    But, thanks to my patrons, I just might finally put together my first mini-book sort of thing.

I'm with Joël, I love when you do this kind of composition. Unique and soooo cool!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    But, thanks to my patrons, I just might finally put together my first mini-book sort of thing.
    The masterplan is finally bearing fruits *manic laugh building up*

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I'm with Joël, I love when you do this kind of composition. Unique and soooo cool!
    You are in luck, on several fronts.
    I have more on the way. Some are work ones and will have to wait a longer time till after publish date.
    Others are personal. One is really cool.
    Might be my first map of 2019, depending on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The masterplan is finally bearing fruits *manic laugh building up*
    Hehe, slowly, I am rolling forward, in the deep mud of commissioned work and such.
    We'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    We'll get there.
    I'll be there

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

I really appreciate this map. I added this map to my city map files and will use it in my D&D campaign. Thanks for this useful map!

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    I really appreciate this map. I added this map to my city map files and will use it in my D&D campaign. Thanks for this useful map!
    Thanks BB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12