Thread: Eifen Continent - First Map

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected Tuffi8472's Avatar

Map Eifen Continent - First Map

Hello everyone,

this is my first map and comments about my work, because i'd like to improve my skill.. And, i know, i think that my mountains are not perfect.
    What do you think about it? Any advice?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fantasy_map.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	119414

Ps. I'm sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue.

I'm Also working on my first map at the moment. its super fun right? as far as my initial look, Id say maybe change or rework your font for your countries? it doesn't suit the style of the map. also if the top name is the continent/world name I would maybe use a separate font to show it has more importance over the other countries. also could you tell us a bit about your world? you could also add markers in for capital cities or settlements.

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

Praise Beautiful

Your map is so realistic and beautiful. I like the variety of regions. This is very specific to your world. I think a different font that is cleaner might work better and throw on a compass rose with a scale bar. Thanks for sharing!!!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected Tuffi8472's Avatar

First of all, thanks a lot. Both of you!

I know, i know.. That font is temporary and i'm looking for a better one. I'm also working on the compass rose and the scale bar, but i want my own on this and i need to figure out what kind of style use, like the font i guess xD
    If you have some font names, would be great!

I think you're off to a fine start. The satellite look you have for your land looks great, and I think the clouds go a long way making it look like a real place.

You mentioned your mountains, and I agree, they look maybe a bit more fuzzy rather than rocky (... and you were apologizing for your English! ) What software are you using? If you're working with PS, I think this beauty could be worth checking out if you haven't already, in order to get some new ideas on how to possibly approach this type satellite style map. I know I recommend this tutorial to everyone and their mother, but it is Guild classic for a reason. It's just a fantastic resource to have in your bag of tricks.

Oh, and welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.