Thread: The Old Barrows Redux

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The Old Barrows Redux

A little over a year ago I created some old school dungeon maps for a campaign I was running at the time for some mates in New Zealand. Then through a series of unexpected events my wife and I ended up back in the states and my campaign came to an abrupt halt. My dungeon lingered in the nether-realm for about a year (the players didn't see these maps of course, but I did give them this handout of the above-ground region).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Old Barrows Handout.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	70075

Then I discovered Roll20 and now my Kiwi friends and I are once more delving back into The Old Barrows. One of the great things about Roll20 is that you can upload maps directly to their virtual tabletop to use as battlemaps. Well it turned out that my dungeon maps were large enough for me to use toward this end. However, while the old blue TSR layout I used for the original pieces looked good as a DM reference, it didn't look quite as nice as battle maps. So I decided to pretty them up for my players. Nothing too in depth mind you, just something with a splash more color and texture. Note that the doors, traps and pits are all left off the map. I'll add those directly to a separate layer of the Roll20 VT. Excited for my group to start exploring.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avidiron LV 2 Color.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	70074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avidiron LV 1 Color.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	70073