Thread: Map of Aldronan: by Jared Blando

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Map Map of Aldronan: by Jared Blando

Hey all,

Here is a map of Aldronan, yet another small map I did as a personal commission for client of mine. He came to me asking for two maps (i will post the other "Aldronad" later), both of worlds that he had written "novels" for when he was a young adult. Now that he is older and looking back on what he had done as a kid, he wanted to get his worlds made into prints that he could put up on his kids walls. These pieces were very personal for him, and was more for the nostalgia, not as publishable pieces.

After a brief chat on the phone, he sent me the sketches he had, as well as a B/W map that had been done by an previous artist years ago. Then I got to work.

I wanted a traditional "Classic" looking fantasy map, and went with the mountain style I came up with for the Manifest Map, which I think the worked quite well in this one. One of the challenges of both of these maps were they were not super populated with locations and terrain, so I had to use the space as creatively and effectively as I could. he let me run with it, which is always nice.

Comments and crits always welcome,
    ~JB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aldronan Final 175dpi R.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	119469