Thanks all. This was a good challenge to jump in on.
I almost went in a totally different direction, which may have been cool as well, but this one let me mess with some things I needed to deal with.
So it was already a success for me. Still needs more work and practice to master that terrain, but this one was so much faster than it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
Nicely done J. The extra effort put in frame makes the map shine more and i really like the colours you chose here. Makes it more mysterious, dark and Cthulhu-ish
Thanks Voolf
I have some folks wanting Lovecraftian themed maps, so I wanted to get a bit of practice in on a different feel than more norm.
Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
If I peek through the veil, I can see the other side.
Just look at the map carefully for a few hours and you start to see things...
Dacing, innommable, getting closer.
Thanks Azelor
Yes, that might be part of the next phase of the Guildworld..... [mysterious music plays in the background]
Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
Very nice J! I personally love the way you're playing with color! That frame though... SO MUCH DROOL...
Thanks Domino
I need to do that more. Get out of that comfort zone. nods.
Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
This is a beauty. No need to mention the border nor the parchment, but what obsess me here are the relief and texture of the land part. That king of work only G. can do !
^^
Thank you Beee
Yes, that needs to be done more often.
I get comm requests every so often for more like that.
But it's normally so involved and time consuming.
Hopefully I am getting better and faster enough with it that it can be more viable.
Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
The backstory you have already really shows in the eerie feel of the map and I agree with the others about the lovecraftian atmosphere but with a way more fantasy/fairy note. Awesome piece (not a surprise) with a lot of atmosphere (not a surprise either ).
Thanks Thomas
I always enjoying trying something new, or at least somewhat different.
So this one was fun on several levels.
Mainly just glad to have the time to join in here on the Guild.