Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Following the flow

Default Following the flow

Hello Everybody!
    It has been a while since my last entry =)

It seems i can't be linear with my expectations, which is frustrating but also part of my motivation.
    Like saying: keep the thing going, whatever the flow is.

In the time i always tried to find a way to make things faster, smaters but the truth is that I enjoy my work almost only when i'm able to "follow the flow"
    So to stay in theme, today i wanted to share with you a video about this.

This is a map i created by randomly placing natural features, following anything if not the flow.
    It means i really avoided to use the eareaser, or tried to.
    and tried to chain elements and build the place without really minding about it first.

Enjoy

⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

this is so cool
    are you considering to colour it or add more to it ? would love to see the final result too

I'm stunned ! I would not be able to do this. Great job !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I'm stunned ! I would not be able to do this. Great job !
    Oh please, you are like a wizard! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Severaph View Post
    this is so cool
    are you considering to colour it or add more to it ? would love to see the final result too
    Well. I'd like to xperiment a couple of styles, justo to keep trained.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That was fun to watch.
    Thank you!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Love it! I really enjoyed watching your process and I enjoyed that you just went with the flow. As somebody who can be far too much of a perfectionist with my work, that is a great lesson for me.

- Josh

Hey Ren! Always a pleasure to see your work! Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    Love it! I really enjoyed watching your process and I enjoyed that you just went with the flow. As somebody who can be far too much of a perfectionist with my work, that is a great lesson for me.

- Josh
    Thank you Josh. I really appreciate your words, as I'm also a fan of your work.
    I sometimes wish I could be sharper and cleaner with the style, but it seems i'm born to be rusty/visceral with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Hey Ren! Always a pleasure to see your work! Thank you for sharing!
    <3 Honored!

Thanks for this video. Love those speed art things. Drawing without any planning ahead can be difficult, but it seems you dont have much problem with it
    It take me much more time to just "draw with the flow"
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Thank you Josh. I really appreciate your words, as I'm also a fan of your work.
    I sometimes wish I could be sharper and cleaner with the style, but it seems i'm born to be rusty/visceral with it.
    Hey thanks, I appreciate that. I think every artists wish their work looked more like (Name of another artist). I know I certainly feel that way sometimes. It’s sometimes hard to just embrace your unique style instead of playing the comparison game.

- Josh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast