Thanks for taking a close look at my map! Good suggestions, here's what I was thinking:

• The smaller, carpeted, L shaped hallway is a bit of a waste of space. It doesn't provide entry that you can't get in other ways. You could see, for example, how if you made the room with the stairway a bit larger and moved some doors, the designer of the temple would get more "usable square footage" for his client.
Absolutely true. I'll look into this.
  • No bathrooms (outhouses, maybe?)
I was thinking outhouses and some washbasins/pots under the beds.
  • The north entrance seems to be designed to impress. What is the room at the southern entrance for?
I'm not sure yet, any suggestions? =).
  • The temple room has no preparation chamber. This might be OK, as the temple doesn't seem like it was designed for an audience.
Hm, this is a hard one. Temple isn't meant for audience now, but it has been before when it was a temple for a good god. I don't think the evil cult has made any modifications to the temple (except the pentagram), so maybe it should have a preparation chamber.
  • I like the way the carpet looks, but who is it for? The priests? It starts in the grand north entrance, but then leads to living quarters and not the temple? Seems like it directs foot traffic the wrong direction. (Again, it would matter if this was designed to be a public temple or not.)
I could extend the carpet to lead to the double doors of the temple.