Thread: Hello Guild

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I would say it depends on whether you are an experienced GM as well.
    Ah, but the wrinkle is I'm not actually the GM. We are about to start a new RPG campaign and, as is often the case, it has me whipped into a frenzy of mindless enthusiasm which I'm usually channeling into setting up my character's background. Now it's the same plus maps
    That is also the reason why I am going to skip the regional map for now. There just isn't enough I know about the land yet. So I'm going to stick with places I have more knowledge of specifically one of the villages on my character's property and the actual city we're going to spend a lot of time in.
    But I am definitely taking you advice at heart and will revisit the regional map some time in the (probably near) future.
    Actually, as I write this, I'm itching to try out some of the absolutely stunning mountains in pasis' tutorial.

Well, I'm going to get back to figuring out the landscape of said village. The corresponding WIP will probably be up some time tomorrow if work permits.

EDIT because double-posting is evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Salama View Post
    Hi!

I'm looking forward to your WIP-thread of your village. I'm kind of in the same situation in map making. I started with one small village and then made another small village. I'm new to map making, but quite experienced with Photoshop, so I'll keep an eye on your WIP-thread once you decide to post it!
    Oh good: Pressure
    Last edited by Molch; 03-03-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molch View Post
    Oh good: Pressure
    Oh, no need for that at all =). There is just so much to learn from other peoples maps. I'm not making a map of a village right now, so it's great to observe someone else's work and maybe be able to help with something while doing it =).