Thread: The Forgotten West

Map The Forgotten West

It's been a while since my last finished map!

This one is a project I started last year and completely forgot about (hence the name, I guess). It's super-inspired by the map of Faerûn in the 3rd edition of Forgotten Realms. Entirely made on Photoshop CC 2019.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oeste-Esquecido_Bruno-Muller.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	7.11 MB 
ID:	120185

(WIP thread here)

I used the Dethek script (also from Forgotten Realms) because the map is from an unknown land to the players and characters (it's for a RPG project). The idea is that they would be discovering the place and naming it along the way with their own ideas. The original resolution is for a poster (a glorious 60x40 cm one).

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The faerun style is rather visible. Looks really good.
    I also dont know if anyone else thinks this, but every time I see top-down hills in that style my mind jumps back to biology class and seeing diagrams of bacteria with their pilli. Thankfully, they dont seem to be moving around the map so everyone is safe!

Thanks, Arimel! I can't deny all I could think of while drawing the hills was that now I know how to successfully paint a good Petri dish! They really look like bacteria, although I think it's a nice representation of hills, haha!

Very nice map, Bruno . It's an effective and pleasant style.