Thread: B/W Map of Noros handlettered map and timelapse video

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, but if it's clients you have to redo. >_> Though I must say this guy loved his map and had very little change to make, if he hires another map artist in the future they'll be lucky to work with such a great guy.

It's not necessarily bad to take into consideration... I wouldn't have ever ventured into doing lineart if I hadn't been heavily criticized for my original style being "too blurry". I still love and occasionally use that style but I do kind of regret that I let the criticism build up to a point where I stopped, because I was just starting to get good at it. I did digital painting, something that's now quite regularly seen, but when I started, was a newer art form most people didn't do, especially not in comics. While I don't think it was good that shame ended up pushing me to doing it I do think it's good I branched out from being a one-trick pony. I like to try challenge myself a little, even if I get cranky. I'm glad I learned to ink due to the critiques. I wish I hadn't let my old style fall to the wayside because of them. The trick is to take into consideration and not to heart, I guess. No sense in losing what you love about art, but it's a good thing to learn to improve too.

Also, I didn't think you meant it in a bad way. I was just inspired to talk about why I did my lines that way.
    Last edited by Tiana; 02-15-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!