Thread: Map of Thayria (black and white hand lettered fantasy novel map)

Map Map of Thayria (black and white hand lettered fantasy novel map)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thayria-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	120367

I mentioned on the Map of Noros that I felt watching my footage helped me improve for my next map. This is that next map. The client requested hand lettering so I did classic comic book letters. I did not screen record the creation of this map as there was a LOT of back and forth on the lettering and I would have ended up with a ton of sessions for the video.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

This is a fun piece! It's an interesting balance between being really crowded and at the same time being very clear about what features and locations are where. I could see it standing really well in certain styles of books.

Guild Apprentice

This is a very cool map. I especially like the way you did the borders, very unobtrusive

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    This is a fun piece! It's an interesting balance between being really crowded and at the same time being very clear about what features and locations are where. I could see it standing really well in certain styles of books.
    Thanks! He had a LOT of details he wanted to include and I'm shocked I made it work while being readable for a novel page size. This was very specifically the style requested, as my client felt it was what matched his writing best.

Quote Originally Posted by jwc821 View Post
    This is a very cool map. I especially like the way you did the borders, very unobtrusive
    Thanks! I choose to do the borders in case he ended up choosing a slightly larger print size in the end, that way the map would blend seamlessly into the new page size.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!