Thread: Starship Sections Maps (Part 2) - Modular Base

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Khimbar, nice stuff there. I'm planning to do something like this myself later. Where did you get your sci-fi top-down elements, or did you draw them yourself?
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    Where did you get your sci-fi top-down elements, or did you draw them yourself?
    Most of the sci-fi elements I use are from RPGMapShare, Dundjinni Forums, WotC forums, or the Holocron. Some of the things I have drawn myself, but if someone already has what I'm looking for then I'm not going to "re-invent the wheel." I've also grabbed pictures from Star Wars sites and cropped them to what I need.

I'm going to have to slow down some, but here are two more modules: another cargo hold and a detention block module.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cargo Hold 2.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	11008 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Detention Module.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	11009
    The detention block cells are a bit small, but detention blocks aren't known for their comfort. However, I am considering redoing the crew's quarters to put a few less people in each room. [It doesn't make much sense that I crammed 4 crewmen into the same space I put 2 prisoners.]

As requested, here are some stairs for multi-level purposes.
    Name:  Stair.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  16.7 KB
    I'm not sure where exactly the stairs could go, but I imagine one of the corridors near the command module. I see good things about the level of detail, but if you are going to make it two+ levels you may want the basic layout blank:

Name:	Modular Base Layout (blank).png 
Views:	311 
Size:	753.4 KB 
ID:	11011
    That will make it easier to add the stairs wherever you feel like. Perhaps I should make a "stair/turbolift" module so that the location of the stairs aren't an issue.

Finally, here is the map our group is using for our next session - complete with grass and ramps. It got a little grainy when I converted it to a .jpg file.

Name:	Modular Base Terrain - Albatross Sluis Van.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	11012

Again, comments and criticism are welcome. I'm working on the ideas already presented. But if you have an idea, I take requests.

Guild Apprentice

awesome stuff! When you say west end games - are you referring to the d6 rpg, I haven't played that for ages. I wish now I'd kept my old source books. Just got the d20 version and I'm pining for the d6 version - I think I may have to check out ebay

Thanks. Although I can't take credit for the speeders. I got them off either RPGMapShare or the Holocron. [I don't see the sense in making an object that someone else has already made.]

stuamn: Yes, I still play the d6 version of Star Wars RPG. I grew up with that system and enjoy its unique flavor. I've picked up a few of the d20 books, but since I have most of the d6 books I still use the d6 system.

Here's a few more modules for this thread. First, some proper quarters for the base commander or other officers:

Name:	Officer's Quarters.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	12733

And a conference room - for those people who feel the need to pack 30 minutes of information into a 3 hour meeting:

Name:	Conference Module.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	12732
    (I've been itching to use some of the holoprojector images I've picked up - now I have.)

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

Guild Applicant

Default i have old miin stuff from them that ussing now with my rpg group love your work

Quote Originally Posted by stuamn View Post
    awesome stuff! When you say west end games - are you referring to the d6 rpg, I haven't played that for ages. I wish now I'd kept my old source books. Just got the d20 version and I'm pining for the d6 version - I think I may have to check out ebay
    i have old miin stuff from them that ussing now with my rpg group love your work