So I know it is likely one of those things that get easier over time and also people don;'t discuss pricing super often on here because it is more community, but I think with the self isolation, the rejection of my prices and my general anxiety. I am just looking for advice and reassurance really?

I am a bit of a lurker on here but I am fairly active on twitter under @inkyginge is folks want to follow me.

I opened up commissions for maps for the first time and had a a few people interested and asking questions about my rates. I have then emailed them with questions asking what they are looking for to price them. Generally I have prices my maps at about $50-55 USD for a location/structure maps in full colour/shading, this is because also exchange rate in to GBP takes a big cut. Also both where using them for their RPG adventures for publishing online

I worry I am charging to much but then I also don't want to undercut myself! I am also ware because of the way of world at the moment there is less money circulating, so I am wondering if I am overcharging for the current climate?

So have 2 people already say not that I am charging to much, but they can't afford it. Is it just the case of riding it out until I have people who are willing to pay what I want or am I being ridiculous and should cut my prices? I do ask people if they have a budget but most of them say they are "flexible" or set a budget for their project based on my quote.

If anyone has any thoughts that would be appreciated.