Thread: March 2020 Mapping Challenge: Aryana Archwynd's Estate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks like my name would fit your world. Looking forward to see your progress!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Thanks, Bogie, spaced out on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    Looks like my name would fit your world. Looking forward to see your progress!
    You're right about that. It's pretty close. You would just have to append to your surname a noun representing your status or element, or verb representing your role. Archwind is half title. Same with Stargazer. Because I'm pretty sure that Leawyn and Atrina's family name is Vilanar (a super common family name in my work; it's a bit of a Smith, there are SO MANY VILANARS.) For the lore of this specific story, these are descriptive roles that have muddied together into surnames with their significance long forgotten. Bit of an elemental thing, bit of a cyberpunk thing.

Eowyn definitely fits! I always liked the wyn name ending.

I did get around to scraping together some more of the map, populating the regions of the "ground level" and doing a bit of a thingy (writes good) to try make it clearer that this is still a raised platform above the level of the commoners with their fields below.

I really like that central pool. And I think the juxtaposition of all of these things, outside in the open, beside each other, screams volumes about what kind of person Aryana is.

I also, even though probably no one here cares about the lore behind it too much, managed to do the thing I do to the comic panels whenever Atrina's getting dragged into Aryana's story, with the vines, though not quite as well rendered at this point. I think it is an appropriate variation into "map border" however.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lair of the once queen maid ground level.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	463.2 KB 
ID:	121130

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!