Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Little maps for Little Encounters 6

Quote Originally Posted by thepinksalmon View Post
    I like these. The colors are very nice as usual for you.

The one critique I've got is on the boat in the middle of the ocean. I think you're doing a bit too much with the colors in the water. With all that detail I find myself distracted from the boat which really should be the main focus of that image.

Very nice pieces though.
    Thanks Salmon
    Perhaps the water is a bit much on that one.
    You just worry that such a simple scene will feel boring without some flair.
    Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    These are wonderful and SUCH a good idea. I shared this with my gaming pals.
    Thanks KM
    I had always figured people would use them when they had less time for a larger event.
    Or, maybe just a bunch of small encounters.
    Or, say you have a party walking to a larger final destination, and you want to drop in a random encounter along the way.
    Like attacked by gophers. Or while fishing you encounter the kraken of the lake. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by The MAD Cartographer View Post
    Well aren't these just beautifully delightful! I kinda want a D&D adventure fighting Beholders and Gelatinous Cubes, but in this wonderfully E. H. Shepard meets Beatrix Potter style. Superb!
    Hehe, that could be a humorous adventure.
    Especially if someone rendered the monsters in that same style.

Great little work you got there! I find them to be really evocative.
    I specially like the quiet day ones. My favourite one is the one with the solitary boat. Makes me think start wondering where the fishers went.
    I don't see the eathereffects fitting there, though, but gess is just some personal likes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123