Thread: D&D professional political-topographic campaign map. Open for commissions.

Guild Novice

Post D&D professional political-topographic campaign map. Open for commissions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRIUNVIRATO DE BELLANTRIAM. Mapa completo..jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	8.06 MB 
ID:	121116

I present to you, my latest political-topographic campaign map. This is a map of the Bellantriam's Triumvirate, a three-headed monarchy state belonging to my personal campaign setting: the World of Etėrea.

If you would like to bring your own campaign setting to life from a realistic approach, and blow your players mind with this level of realism and detail, don't doubt to consult me if you are interested in a map with this professional cartographic style.

Furthermore, I would gladly give any advice or suggestions to people requesting help or interested to learn more about this style of mapping.

Best regards,

SCMaps

This is my absolute favourite type of map! I could stare at it for hours if I didn't have maps to make myself. Love it!!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

See, I'm the exact opposite. I really don't like that style for the intended purpose (a DnD map aka fantasy map). This is a modern style map and for me it is jarring if it is supposed to depict a world that is in an age appropriate for the general fantasy topic.

That being said, i need to point out that this is not saying that your skills or your map are not good. You obviously know what you're doing and the map looks great! It's just i would never commission you for a fantasy map with this style (i hope i make myself clear ^^).

So, long story, short: as a modern map, top notch! Wouldn't like it for a DnD map.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Beautiful work! I'm kind of the opposite of Eilathen for that matter, I love the fact that a fictional world is represented in such a realistic and convincing way

Quote Originally Posted by Gadiouka View Post
    I'm kind of the opposite of Eilathen for that matter, I love the fact that a fictional world is represented in such a realistic and convincing way
    My question here is: how is it more realistic? A map in a more ancient style (aka more inworld appropriate) can just as much depict how the world looks like aka realistic. I guess what you mean is modern. This is a modern style. It's not per se more realistic.

Not trying to be controversial here...it's just something that always rubs me the wrong way if that's the "argument" for such a style.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I see what you mean, and I agree. By "realistic" I rather meant "accurate" or precise. And, yes, "modern", definitely

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    My question here is: how is it more realistic? A map in a more ancient style (aka more inworld appropriate) can just as much depict how the world looks like aka realistic. I guess what you mean is modern. This is a modern style. It's not per se more realistic.

Not trying to be controversial here...it's just something that always rubs me the wrong way if that's the "argument" for such a style.
    Yeah, as Gadiouka says, the point of a map like this is to show that this wolrd cound acctually be represented by modern means, as if it existed. I love ancient and fantasy maps as well, but the point for this modern style for me is to bring details to the world that otherwise could not be depicted. This makes the world a defined "stage" where distances, orography, places, etc., are exactly defined.

Thanks to all for the support by the way!