Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When it rains, it pours...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    So am I if I have a choice. I wonder how many mapping people avoid driving? Maps are sort of a lazy man's travel - bring me the world and put it on my desk...

Sigurd
    That's me too. Pedestrian and Mass Transit. Fortunately we have a good mass transit system here and work is only about half a mile away. I got lucky in finding my apartment because it is within a mile of everything I NEED to survive and within a couple miles of everything I might want.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Thinking of you Robbie. Glad you made it out without serious injuries, but keep awake for the potential delayed symptoms of whiplash, which may take a few weeks to manifest (man, I've been a lawyer too lonng!) Hope you recover soon.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Holy crap, Arcana! I'm glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as it looks like could have been!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, I spoke to the ladies insurance, and they are of course denying any responsibility for the accident. They wanted a statement from me immediately and I didn't want to give them one without first talking to my insurance company and seeing the police report...

So I called the highway patrol to find out about the report, and it hasn't even been filed yet...so I probably saved my ass by not saying anything too soon. I then called my insurance company and they went ahead and opened a claim and are wanting to go ahead and settle the claim for me with what they call "reclaim rights" should fault be determined to lie on the other lady. Since florida is a no fault state and she didn't physically impact my vehicle, if there's no citation issued then my insurance will be responsible for my injuries and vehicle.

I looked up my truck and suggested retail price is $11,380...so I'm hopeful.

We'll see what happens. As soon as I find out whether or not she was cited, I'll let ya know.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    well, I spoke to the ladies insurance, and they are of course denying any responsibility for the accident. They wanted a statement from me immediately and I didn't want to give them one without first talking to my insurance company and seeing the police report...

So I called the highway patrol to find out about the report, and it hasn't even been filed yet...so I probably saved my ass by not saying anything too soon. I then called my insurance company and they went ahead and opened a claim and are wanting to go ahead and settle the claim for me with what they call "reclaim rights" should fault be determined to lie on the other lady. Since florida is a no fault state and she didn't physically impact my vehicle, if there's no citation issued then my insurance will be responsible for my injuries and vehicle.

I looked up my truck and suggested retail price is $11,380...so I'm hopeful.

We'll see what happens. As soon as I find out whether or not she was cited, I'll let ya know.
    Well, if you have the witness, you probably have it in the bag.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Glad you are ok

It might be time to lawyer up

I was also just is an accident and still have trouble sitting and have not posted much since.
    Not to steal your thunder---- I have uploaded some picks of my former car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	032smudge.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	10988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	033smudge.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	10989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	10990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	10991  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Man, bad time of year for some folks. Hope you get well soon, too, mathuwm.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Daaaaannnngggg, Robbie glad to hear you are relatively okay. People are just oblivious all over the country.

I have to say you guys are scaring me though. I have a 180 mile round trip commute every Tuesday night, and much of it is through unpopulated areas so an accident for me would be very very bad, but thankfully I do have On Star so there is that piece of mind should anything happen. Something to consider for your next car Robbie.

Now I need to go make sacrifices to the god of motorways to insure safe passage...
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

My car was written off last October but it was a mere bump nothing like these. Whats surprising is the quantity of posts of mangled wrecks here. I used to commute down a section of a motorway notorious for its accident rate and I saw a lot of wrecks on the side and a lot of near misses and had a few myself too. I gave that up and worked closer to home and I can say that I am sure glad of it. You just don't go through life continuously walking away from these situations so now I actively cut down on journeys that have these higher risk zones in them. Cant avoid it completely of course. Always different when your seeing people you know in these accidents so this thread is quite a poignant reminder that its not just 'other' people who get hit. The risk must be higher than is perceived. There should be a rule that wrecked cars have to stay by the side of the road for a week before being taken away. Makes you think tho...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

RP seems to have the longest commute, 90 miles one way. Mine is only 20 feet one way. I only get hurt going to work if the squirrels decide to gang up on me.

Guys, and gals, be careful out there. Keep yer heads on a swivel...there's a bunch of self-absorbed people out there primping their hair and talking on phones and eating donuts while not paying attention to what's going on. It would be uber sucky to lose any of you. Seriously.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast