Thread: World Map: Chizu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Number 6 is the one I used the fractal on. If I can figure out how to use fractals better in gimp, that is likely the mountain style I'll replace my current mountains with. I'll play around with it more and see if I can't get something workable.

ETA: jfrazierjr-- Thanks. I'll try that.

Below is the latest version with lines for potential rivers. I would definitely like some feedback on them before I start making them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WithRiverGuidelines.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	11004
    Last edited by lisze; 03-07-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added

I looked through the guidelines and did not find anything regarding a double-post. This is one of my landmasses with features, save for the rivers and lakes, filled in. I know I need to fix the coast if I want to keep the outline, but other than that--

I don't know how to make the scrub (upper-left) better looking and I'm not sure what to do on the other side of the mountains. Maybe more rainforest since that is the windward side.

Also-- are my river and lake placements okay? I tried to follow the guidelines in the tutorial forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tris sans Rivers.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	11045

Tris (working name) was once the site of a great empire. When the last great emperor died, he did not leave a confirmed heir. The three siblings squabbled and ultimately divided the empire between themselves.

The lower portion of Tris is very wet and hot year-round. As one travels upward, however, the weather dries, giving way to the savanna. The desert was once small, but has grown over time due to over-grazing by one of the three (nations/kingdoms/mini-empires). One group of people lives in the south, along the river and coast. Another lives on the west coast harbor where the summers are drier and the savanna begins to thin out into scrub. The last lives in the north where the savanna is gradually disappearing.
    Last edited by lisze; 03-08-2009 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added description of Tris.