Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teacup's Atlas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Using regular Acrylic paint with a Texture Gel mixed into it adds the right amount of details for an accurate scale. Femo is good for a stylized version, since you're on a smaller globe you'll get a bigger difference between the features and the globe. Femo would take a lot longer to get good details.
    Last edited by Vigilus; 09-12-2020 at 03:48 AM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected sarawinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilus View Post
    Using regular Acrylic paint with a Texture Gel mixed into it adds the right amount of details for an accurate scale. Femo is good for a stylized version, since you're on a smaller globe you'll get a bigger difference between the features and the globe. Femo would take a lot longer to get good details.
    I have done a lot of painting with acrylics, that could be a good way to go for me
    I used Texture Gel for another project a long time ago. Seems like a good solution

When I was opening a hotel in New York City and the newborn baby was asleep, I'd unwind at the end of the day with some painting on the globe. A little bit each day!

Guild Member Facebook Connected sarawinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bindusara View Post
    You can use Fimo : soft clay, with every color you could need if you don't want to paint it after. You can work on it during a long time. Inconvenient : you have to heat it for make it hard

If you don't want to heat, you can use cold procelain clay : it hardens in open air

Both are quite easy to use, you can sculpt it with toothpick or any sculpting tools
    I have used fimo before, not on a project like this though. Not sure if I want to put the globe in the oven.
    But I will absolutely look into porcelain clay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12