Thread: Arnoria - the dying world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for all the interesting comments. So what is the idea behind the dying planet and the missing seas. If you check my Etrakien thread you can read a bit about the background story to my universe.
    The Archonts that created the worlds where seven to the number, so there are seven different worlds. When the big war between the humanoid empire that streched between the worlds and the archonts broke out it nearly brought the hole creation to an end. Some of the worlds (planets) suffered worse then others. One of the worlds that had to pay the greates toll was Arnoria. The result was that the oceans dissapeared, volcanos erupted, the earth cracked. So there are no rains in most of the parts of the world. The old seas are great grey desserts, usually called the great grey or the grey world. You can travel these areas but it is very dangerous. Strange lifeforms inhabit them and there is no food or water. The area is also very unstable and there are a lot of cracks into the borderlands where demons dwell. But you can get to ilands in the distant where you can find ruins with long forgotten secrets.

I hope this gives you some sort of explination.....in one sentence "it's all about magic" :-)

Time for a small update. All the mountains are now done, well the black stuff at least. I still have to colour them, but that has to wait 'til another night. It's geting late and you never know for how long your kids let you sleep in the morning :-)

Well enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnoria_2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	11560  

Some more progress on the map. The great grey is slowly coming into place. Still some work needs to be done on it, but it feels like i'm on the right track. Also need to add in some hills and rivers. I have some new things to add in as well like craters and lava. Well we see where it'll end up.

Sorry for the triple post. I hope it's ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnoria_3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	12000