Thread: Tour Holy Carmen Cruise Lines Map

Map Tour Holy Carmen Cruise Lines Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carmentourmapsmall.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	121611

If this looks familiar to you, you probably saw the "Two Sisters Burger Empire and Holy Places" map of Carmen from last year. This is my setting and thus, I have now made 3 maps of this setting for my own use. I scavenged the outlines and rivers from the afformentioned map, as well as the text for all points of interest and then redid the texture, border, and added text appropriate for the cruises being advertised on this map.

It came about by a joke that if Iydra, the goddess behind all of these holy places on the burger map, wanted to monetize she could do cruise pilgrimages to all the seaside ones (which was most, because she's legendarily associated with rescuing sailors in storms and other emergencies on the water). It fit in with her character so I made it canon.

There's only limited land indication because my cowriter is originally a graphic designer and doesn't really want the informational part bogged down. That's fair. And also I feel like this has served its purpose. That said, unlike maps where the client has approved them, this being my own work, I am okay potentially making changes and your limited critique is welcome. I will not be altering the continent outlines on this variation... but there are some other things I might change, and it's very likely in the future I will make another map of Carmen as it's a very well established setting for me and my co-writer by now.

You may use this map for your non-profit private gaming needs without fear of repercussion if you are ever found out. You may not resell this map but you are welcome to use it as a setting for your pen and paper RPG session.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Hehe, this is a fun map. Occasionally, I like to see a map that doesn't take itself too seriously, and this surely is a succesful comedic piece. I especially like the ad copy at the bottom right. "All-inclusive alcohol" and "Fate cannot be denied", that's some selling points!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Hehe, this is a fun map. Occasionally, I like to see a map that doesn't take itself too seriously, and this surely is a succesful comedic piece. I especially like the ad copy at the bottom right. "All-inclusive alcohol" and "Fate cannot be denied", that's some selling points!
    My co-writer zoomed right into "Heartwarming tragedies" the moment I showed her the map. I was like "should I take that out?" and she was like "NO!"

I guarantee if you ask for a refund they just point right at that "Fate cannot be denied" clause EVERY. TIME.

The story itself isn't really comedy so much as it has Pratchett / Douglas Adams influences injected in its formation, but I can definitely see how the map on its own qualifies as comedy. Good point. I'll make sure to tag it as a comedy map in my own site. Thank you for your comment.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

I like your oceans and this is an eyeblast with that bright green, wow.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I like your oceans and this is an eyeblast with that bright green, wow.
    Yeah, I love my ocean texture result. The green is the same color as my living room walls so I guess I don't interpret it as an unusually bright color since I live with it on a day-to-day basis, but I guess it is unusual for a map. I wonder how it would print. I didn't design it with that in mind.