Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a Map of the Inner Sea (BIG)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
    That is an excelent map! Congratulations!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Woah this is quite the piece, so much to pore over and just a beauty to behold!
    Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by ModerateWinGuy View Post
    That's an amazing map, i really love the style!
    If only all the modules I've run had such detailed maps in this style i'd be in heaven =D
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gadiouka View Post
    The sheer scale of it is already impressive, but when you dive in... it's simply marvelous. So many stories to tell and places to explore in such a vast world! The minuteness and clarity of each feature is truly impressive. Congrats!
    thanks, this particular map really id turn into a labour of love and were it nor for may patreon I would not have made it at this scale and detail.

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    So, after having to upgrade my RAM to be able to work on this map, and still having to wait for ages every time i opened the map or did anything, the Inner Sea map I started a few years ago is finally done.

I had stopped a while ago after flattening the image with no backup by mistake and had to practically start over from scratch, so gave up. Since then I'd made a lot of changes to the topography anyway so it would have been outdated by now anyway!

The map focuses on the main region of my conworld, where more of the atlas maps I've made are located. For a list of all the maps you can check here.

The map is HUGE so i had to reduce the map in size by 50% and divide it into 6 parts to be able to upload it here. As a result they are INCREDIBLY compressed, so for the full size image, check out here

I'm really glad this is done as it was such a slog to get through. Photoshop stopped numbering the layers when i exceeded 3000 text layers so I have no idea how many layers there were before I rasterised them...

To anyone interested, this is a redesign of an old map I did that won the Cartographers choice award, over SEVEN years ago! I feel old now

Attachment 121899Attachment 121900Attachment 121901
    Attachment 121902Attachment 121903Attachment 121904
    By any chance do you have a link to the full image again?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
    By any chance do you have a link to the full image again?
    sure - https://www.patreon.com/posts/map-of-inner-sea-35748529

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123