Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March Entry : Vallée Mystique

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Hope everything goes OK with your father. Mine's getting up their in age [78] and I worry that he still tries to do to much.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Hope everything goes OK with your father. Mine's getting up their in age [78] and I worry that he still tries to do to much.
    Thanks for the well wishes, SG. He's not in desperate straights, but he's been through three surgeries in the last few months and is now having a breathing problem on top of all of that. He's a stubborn old fella though and he isn't ready to give up just yet. Still, he's mighty frustrated with it all.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Wip

One more update before I head out to visit with my father. A few more mountains added and the rivers are starting to take on a better shape. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good time in on this later this evening. I don't like to rush things, but I really want to finish this one before the challenge deadline.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain Testing2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	11526  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks way better than anything I ever did in PSP6...nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip

Well, I'm still managing some progress between work and visiting Pop in the hospital. It's still not as much progress as I'd like, but I'll keep plugging away in hopes of finishing this up before the deadline. The good news is that this challenge is really inspiring me for some reason, so even if I don't finish before the deadline, I'll continue working on it and (if it happens that I don't make the deadline) I might even expand it just to see where it goes. As far as the latest update, I've added a few more mountains and included a ridge-like feature. Not 100 percent sure I like the ridge effect and if I end up deleting it, will have to re-route a few of the rivers, particularly those leading to the ridge and falling over it to pool below before joining up with another river.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continuing Mountains.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	11616  
    GW

They say these things strike in 3s, and now the second shoe has fallen. With another family member in the hospital, any time I might have hoped to put in on this is now gone. A real bummer because I was so enjoying this challenge. Anyway, to make it official . . .

I am here-by withdrawing from this month's challenge. As I stated in the previous post, however, I intend to keep working on this map once I've straightened out all the disasters occurring in the real world. And, as long as it is okay with everyone, I might even look into expanding it some just to see where it leads me.

GW
    GW

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yuck, that stinks.

Hope everything works out OK for both your family members GW.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

@ Rav and SG - Thanks again for the well wishes.

And finally some good news . . . We got my grandmother out of the hospital and back home again, and it looks like we might get my father out of the hospital today and on his way home as well. Just waiting on a final evaluation from the doctors regarding his breathing situation, but everything is looking real good. We're hoping this is the end of his problems given all that he's been through over the last five months or so. Should that be the case, I'm hoping to get back to this challenge in the form of a WIP in the Regional Mapping Forum. Of course, there is still the voting phase for this month's challenge and that is gonna be a tough vote because there are several maps that I really like. Narrowing it down is gonna be almost as much of a challenge as creating the map itself.

GW
    GW

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's wonderful news. I hope they both recover swiftly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast