Hello everyone.

I’ve got a large world map project I would like to commission. Style would be Mike Schley-ish (and yes, I tried to hire him directly but he’s not currently taking commissions) or J. Edward (have not tried to contact him yet), and the end product will be printed on a custom pull down roller map at 4’ x 6’ size. Details:

- Looking for a high rez image I can Photoshop names and details over (because I’m not going to drag a cartographer through that nightmare…);
- The adventures I run are both Eberron and Faerun-themed, so I want to combine the two into one giant world containing elements of both (avoiding any infringement on any other cartographer’s intellectual property);
- The map would be one giant continent with some outlying islands, Khorvaire-style;
- Map needs a nice border, a key, and a scale;
- Map will have all geographic elements seen in both Faerun and Eberron;

Budget: flexible, professional-level. By no means cheap. This is a big project and I am looking for top-shelf work, with an artist who’s agreeable to collaboration. I get that if I keep asking for changes, that’s going to run the price up and I’m okay with that; the end product is what matters most to me. I’m not a difficult person to work with, and I pay on time, every time, with no nonsense.

Further work: This world map is the first project in what I hope will be several collaborations. Ideally I would have more detailed maps of the most-travelled, densely populated areas, and a town map or two for the largest towns. I am looking to build a good working relationship with an artist I can continue to work with.

Stylistic Note: Obviously, there are as many styles as there are cartographers and artists here. That I am more particular to one style or another doesn’t mean I don’t respect the work of every artist whose work appears here; you are all immensely talented. That said, I don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so I pulled up the CC Awards poster and looked it over, and here are the artists whose styles best represent what I’m looking for: Lesopeso, Max, Mike Schley, Ascension, Aerius, Auth, Still Pond, J. Edward, and Torsten. If you don’t make maps in this style but still want a shot at the commission, hell, I’d be happy to look at your work (I mean…I love maps so…). The reason for this note is just to say if you’re way, way off these styles, despite being an awesome artist, the aesthetic probably isn’t going to match what I need.

Thank you very much for reading, everyone. Please feel free to ask any questions!