Thread: Corsica

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Corsica

Hi everybody,
    This is my first finished maps post, it kinda feels like exciting!

I keep pleasant memories of this map. Not only was one of my first maps ever, back in 2015, but also my first own board game design: Corsica, which is a fan project based on Pulsipher's Britannia (with his consent of course).

As you can see, the map shows this beautiful island. As it's not a fantasy map, I remember the hard work to keep the geometry and relief true to reality. I'd like to post a step-by-step process, but I don't recall it properly anymore. That's all I can say:
    - Baselines where drawn with CAD software (it's the case for labels, frontiers, the isle's outline, the rivers).
    - Texturing was made exclusively with photoshop. I remember being specially proud of the sea texture, as I got to develop a technique on my own that I still like to use nowadays.

The image is a low-res one, the original one is made on 300 dpi in a DINA2 size. I printed it for board game purposes on flex PVC in a local print shop and it still looks like it was the first day.

Hope you like it and will appreciate any comment and criticism you can provide. Thanksalot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tablero.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	122468