Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brysis

Okay, I'd say I am finished except some minor tweaks and whatever you guys come up with.

I changed the road color and it really does look better. I added some fields (should I blur them more?) and made the swamp a good deal darker. I'm thinking about adding some fog but considering the sunny disposition of the north part I'm unsure about that.

It's up to you now. Go nuts!

Ah, especially some feedback regarding the brightness would be appreciated. I turned it up compared to the last time but I have no way of saying when it's enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brysis_rev 11.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	11346  
    Last learned: Changing layers in PS to Smart Objects before Free Transforming them allows lossless transformations.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks fine to me, of course I'm biased tho. Fog is really hard to do and have it not mess up the image. Fields do need a slight blur. I'll be snaggin a copy for myself once you finish.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Fields are blurred (any more and it looks like a mess) and slightly darkened.
    and with that I'm off to bed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brysis_rev 12.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	11347  
    Last learned: Changing layers in PS to Smart Objects before Free Transforming them allows lossless transformations.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

For fog you might consider some of the tutorials on realistic clouds then you can always edit them to suite your needs.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well, I like it. A lot! The fields look great. And I almost expect some cattle behind the fence in the village (you shouldn't add them though!)
    Really nice job.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    For fog you might consider some of the tutorials on realistic clouds then you can always edit them to suite your needs.
    I will check them out but decided against fog in this instance. But my next map will be a city with some very prominent waterfalls so fog will definitely come in handy there.

Thank you all for your comments and advice. I'm reading up on the rules of the "Finsished Maps" forum and will post the map there soon.

Guild Novice

Wow, what you have is terribly impressive. Very nice work. I still like the veggie patches, the lighter color of the road works wonderfully, the darkened swamp islands (or were they just not lightened?), and I especially like the lightness of the hills. It gives wonderful contrast for the darker lower lands.

I like your map completely, everything is very defined.
    Great work!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Nice looking map. I especially like how you have used height map. I personally might have used less noise, but it doesn't actually bother at all. Good job

The map is a bit too dark for my taste and I get a feeling that its night (but I don't see any light sources). But it's a small thing compared to the many great details this one has. I personally like the little details that make the map alive (like the small grass in the roads between the wheel tracks). You have earned some rep with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Molch View Post
    Last learned: Adjustment layers have an effect on every layer beneath them not just the one they were created on top of.
    If you right click the adjustment layer and select "create clipping mask" the adjustment affects only to the layer below and not to all layers anymore

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast