Thread: Brysis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Brysis

Hello everyone,
    this is the WIP thread for my first map.

The small village of Brysis is situated next to the (as of now unnamed) marshlands eight hours of travel north of the proud city of Greyfalls.
    Life for the people that made their home here has never been easy for there are no trade routes or even anything resembling traffic through Brysis. On the upside this misfortune made the people of Brysis much more self-reliant. A few fields north of town are enough to get them through the winter which finds them in poorly built wooden homes barely warmed by burning peat found in the nearby marshes. Every surplus in production is immediately taken by the lord of the surrounding lands living in his nearby estate not caring about the welfare of the people living under his rule (in fact he uses the village only as a supply for servants and supplies).
    When recent news reached the village that their lord sold his lands to move into the city the citizens of Brysis reacted with mixed feelings. While few could imagine their lord's successor to be worse their fear is persistent.

The village is well protected by the border fortresses that surround the region as a whole and bandits are rarely bold or desperate enough to attack this close to the city. So the people watch the lonely watchtower standing south of the village and its wooden defenses slowly rot away in the damp air.

---

Obviously this is a very early WIP (hinted at by the total lack of buildings and roads), but I like the terrain so far. Right now I am trying to figure out how to depict the swamp at the south side. As soon as I am happy with that I will start out with roads and buildings.

To Do:
    - Compile a To Do list

Comments and critique are of course more than welcome. Make me better please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brysis_rev 3.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	11119  
    Last learned: Changing layers in PS to Smart Objects before Free Transforming them allows lossless transformations.