Thread: New To Cartography and I'm Finding Myself Oddly Entranced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll add my welcome to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    ... while some of us couldn't draw themselves out of a wet paper bag
    I'd be one of these. Fortunately, there are cartography tools for even the artistically inept. I use Campaign Cartographer to assuage my mapping addiction.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Guild Novice

What exactly is the Campaign Cartographer? I think I've heard about it a little, but not all that much.

Post Cad

Campaign Cartographer 3, by Profantasy, is a CAD (Computer Aided Drawing) based program with tools especially suited to create maps. Though the basic program is ideal for overland maps (regional fantasy maps), it can produce dungeons and cities. Though Profantasy offers add-on software that specifically create dungeons (DD3) and Cities (CD3) - look at any of Gandwarf's work, that's all CD3 stuff.

Plus Profantasy has both existing add-on symbol content, and offers an annual subscription that provides monthly tutorials and additional symbols for different styles or types of maps.

Profantasy offers other applications, its best to visit: Profantasy.com site. Although if you were to order, use the link on the home page of this site, the Admin gets a small kick back for purchases made through that link.

For those who are more technically adept than artistic, its an ideal program for strictly mapping work.

Others here are more expert than I, though I too have the software.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations