Thread: Nivian Valley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

For showing us a map in your intro post have a bit of what we around here call 'rep' *bonk*

I'm not a CC user, but there are plenty here as well as some really great tutorials.

Your map is pretty nice - I think it could use some blurring where the different terrain types come together so that the transition isn't so 'sudden', but not sure if that can be done in CC or not.

We have several other members here who are also from the Netherlands.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome! A fellow Dutch new-comer like myself, maybe we're a virus that is spreading.

Having no experience with CC at all, I can't really give advice on the practical aspect, but like Steel General has said, the terrain transitions are pretty sudden. You could use photoshop to blend it somewhat, though I don't think that's a small task, and it limits adaptability if you plan to change things around still.

The smaller fonts over the forests are a little difficult to read, and it might be cool if the origins of the rivers forks together from out the mountains. Aside from that, it's a pretty cool map!
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.