Hey Tiluchi, your previous tectonics projects were a big inspiration for me, so I'm glad you're here so I can say thanks!

Totally valid critiques, too. The subductive margin on the southern margin of Tillerson is quite irregular--it's also quite an oblique margin--so I think you're entirely right about this being a good place for some nice back-arc basins. Adding these in is now on the to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
But I'm far from an expert and it looks like you've put quite a bit of work into GPlates so I'd believe you if you said it's plausible with the tectonic history and all
Believing me is likely a mistake My thought with Comey was that this scenario of being almost surrounded by subduction would be similar to Laurasia before the breakup of Pangea, where the reconstructions I've seen have subduction on most of its sides. Obviously it did eventually break up, but the reconstructions have the encircling subduction persisting for quite a while. The current Sunda plate is also bounded on 3 sides by subduction, so I thought such an arrangement could be stable for at least a little while. You have a lot more experience here than I do, so I'm very much open to being convinced otherwise.