Torq: Well done Jykke. Lovely map. The colours are really atmospheric and the iso view allows you to really show off the height field and the mountain, which by the way looks spectacular. I'm glad to hear you are going to be adding more detail, because it may need some. I look forward to seeing your progress with this.
Thank you for your encouraging words. The colors aren't final just yet, but I planned to add some dry areas (yellow/brownish) around the mountain tops and on the bottom of the valley. I might even dynamically populate some forest areas if the end result is worth the trouble. As you said, the iso view really works in highlighting the mountains and illustrating the height field, which actually is of the main tasks of this map. I might add a river on the right side of the map if my skills are enough for the task (..to get a satisfying result).

Steel General:Very cool and very much rep worthy *bonk*
Thanks!

torstan: That's really spectacular. When you're done with this I can bet a few people here would be interested in finding out how you made this.

Ascension: This gets a "holy frejoles!" from me...fantabulous. Guess I'm gonna have to check out Vue and GeoControl. Well done.
Thank you There's quite many related tutorials for vue and geocontrol already out there. But I'll keep in mind what I've done here and maybe create a tutorial based on this project.

overlordchuck: That's pretty spiffy. I messed around a bit with Terragen 1 and still do some Terragen 2 now and again, but I've never really tried any other 3D terrain program. I believe I may check these programs out as well.
Thanks! I tried terragen also, but somehow I seemed to get better results with GeoControl2 beta. It has some really nice functions that will rock your terrain. (Actually I have to admit that learning GeoControl 2 beta was really a pain in the *ss.. maybe reading the user guide would have helped a bit. )