Thread: Upgraded Mac, Software Issues - GIMP, KRITA & CC3+

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Pretty much.
    As an example lets say you wanted to create a Mountain animated brush, caveat here, I've not actually done this so it may not be 100% accurate but you'll get the idea, you create a new document at your preferred resolution, lets say it's for print so we'll create it at 300ppi and make it 300x300px. You draw your 1st mountain shape on Layer 1 , then your second on layer 2 and so forth. Obviously you keep each differing shape in the same general style. Apparently it works well with 6-8, and possibly more, layers. If you have a white background layer delete it so all your layers are transparent, then in GIMP, you save it in GIMPs brushes folder with the extension for animated brushes, which IIRC is either .gbh or .gbr Then when you want draw a sequence of mountains, you just set the spacing to something you're happy with and draw your mountains in, working from top to bottom. GIMP randomly selects a a layer from the stack for each instance. I'm sure there is a tutorial here about them. If not, there are definitely some on YouTube.
    Last edited by damonjynx; 06-28-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps